The following steps show you how to grant a domain user or local user with Local Administrator rights.
- Logon to the machine/server that you want to grant Local Administrator right to.
- Open “Run” from the Start Menu. Or alternatively hit [Windows + R] key
- enter “dsa.msc” (if you are in a Domain Controller machine) or “lusrmgr.msc” (for any other machine)
- Navigate to your domain (if DC) and then to “Built in”
- Double click on the Administrator group.
- Go to “Members” tab and click “Add” button
- Assign the account that you want to grant access with.
- Click Ok to complete